Saturday, December 17, 2011

2011 Winding Down/2012 Yip Yip!

It has been a good year for comedic voice development. There were many days to explore talking to audiences which now seems to be easier. Riffing is gaining rewards from audiences in the moment and crafted material has been acquired. Stand Up NY was good. Stuff out of the city was good. Definately time to put what I've been doing out there. Confident that whatever my instincts tell me comedically, they are right. It's almost always right to do what I do at a mic, but I mean it's nice to really know that what I do at clubs/clubbish venues/booked shows is seeming very right to do.
Good year for creativity and for responsibility. 2011 is what makes 2012 so exciting. Have to not forget 2011 and the past, almost 10 years of straight commitment (add 2 years with big gaps and short form/film experience. Something drives me to do this and make most people laugh and say woo woo wowzie woop!

1 comment:

Nicholas Bullard said...

Great thoughts Mike and I'm so glad you're still in the game. Hope I can see you live some time. I'm a huge fan from Brooklyn now stuck living in Boston but come down to NYC occasionally. Where's the best place to stay updated on your show schedule?